Job Title: Junior Technical Writer
Create, develop, plan, write, and edit operational, instructional, or maintenance docs/procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication, using the standard Documentation Development Life Cycle (DDLC).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with technical team and/or users to learn document requirements, purpose, and audience.
- Read/review written information about the project; leverage any existing documentation as possible.
- Interview scientists, engineers, or managers who work on the product; take notes.
- Sort and organize the material and prepare an outline.
- Research/translate highly technical information into nontechnical or less technical user documentation.
- Write rough draft considering standards of order, clarity, style, and terminology.
- Produces products that conform to the company documentation and quality assurance standards.
- Submit copies of draft to technical reviewers.
- Write final draft according to corrections and suggestions.
- Complete internal quality checks and peer review.
- Complete post-publication source- and release-control.
- Experienced using multiple documentation tools to develop base templates and manipulate output styles
- Exceptional grammar skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Experience managing multiple projects and adhering to schedules and priorities
- Engineering Degree
- Extensive years of technical writer experience.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe FrameMaker, Visio, and Source Control Systems.
- Excellent written and conversational skills.
- A strong, positive work ethic as demonstrated by initiative, adaptability, independence, and the desire to produce a quality product.
- An excellent team player who can work on complex projects individually or witha group of other technical writers.